Explore the moment when hearing a song in the movies/dramas
RoleOrganizer, UI, Web Front-End
How might we display the moment when hearing the songs you like in the movies/dramas?
Let’s go through this question:
How to Find the Website?
Based on real data, many people submitted these words for lyrics in a search engine:
- lawrence of arabia british beatlemaniaHear a song and search a sentence of it.
- the umbrella academy i think we re alone nowSearch the names of a movie or drama and find out the songs used in it.
Current Search Process & Obstacles
IMDB is the first stop to find out data of movies/dramas. However, it is hard to find by the lyrics because:
- In the pages of a movie or drama, only song names are mentioned. To find lyrics, one has to search further
- Few content in Mandarin Chinese
Therefore, there is a gap between the moment you hear the song and finding out which song it is.
What’s in the Website?
Minimum Viable Product
Like many products, the website went public when it seemed working. It was primitive, but inviting search engines to know the content and having real visitors ASAP are more important.
1st IterationPut entire information architecture manually
2nd IterationCreate the templates for lists, artists, and songs
Visitors find the songs and feel good with the “moments.”
How to Measure
- Gather the keywords which the visitors submitted
It’s expected that creators in love with 60’s to 80’s culture continue to deepen the meanings of these songs.
The side project is in active development. Try: What are the movies/dramas that David Bowie’s Heroes features?